Thursday, August 27, 2026

Cooking with Ryan: Spreadsheet Salads

 I'm going to be a bit vulnerable here for a minute. About a year ago, I was diagnosed as diabetic, which stinks, but you can't really fight genetics. Mine is well controlled, but will be an ongoing struggle to continue to control. The best way to maintain a healthy blood sugar is through diet and exercise. 

I've dramatically limited my sugar intake, and I am more thoughtful about exercise in terms of timing and the type I do, and I've done well. I'm eating a lot of salad. 

But bagged salads, or salads from restaurants or working off a recipe can get repetitive or expensive. As you may know, I like a little chaos in my life, so I started randomly pulling ingredients to make a salad, using a random number generator. Don't worry, it actually tastes fine most of the time. It's like a salad bar.

So, since I am eating all these salads anyway, and because there are actually a few different things like this for other types of food or beverage, I decided to turn my Spreadsheet Salads into something shared online.

So yeah, come find me on Instagram and Youtube @Spreadsheetsalads. I promise I'll get better at video production.

No comments:

Post a Comment