Thursday, January 26, 2017

The war with the snooze button


For some reason, in the last few days, I've heard a pair of debates regarding the snooze button, once on local radio station MyTalk, and one among coworkers at Real Job Inc. There are two sides to this debate, if you have never been involved in it. Half of the populace enjoys hitting the snooze once or twice, and those that can't figure out why you would do that. Just get up when it goes off! Better yet, set the alarm 9 minutes later.
I'll admit that I'm team "no snooze" but that might be because of how my life has gone. I never needed one at my last job, because I had a shift that started at 2pm, and simply woke up whenever I felt like it. Now, I have two dogs that get up with my early rising wife, and I'm up when they come back from their walk. I don't have a choice.
But I can definitely understand the other side of the argument as well. The most common response is that it just takes the person in question a while to wake up. I will say that there is no better feeling than waking up, looking at the clock and realizing you still have 20 minutes left. Maybe my inability to be cheery in the morning stems from the fact that I wake up too darn fast.
Of course, my wife is also a "no snoozer" and she is irrepressibly chipper in the early morning. And then there is the science, that says it's just better for you to just get up. Set the alarm later, if you are going to stay in bed for an extra 20 minutes every day. So what do you think? How does your day start?

No comments:

Post a Comment