Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Things are returning to normal

 These last few weeks have been incredible. The NCAA Tournament is starting, and we are all getting to enjoy the frantic nature of the opening of the NFL markets. Even baseball settled their grievances, and the offseason is resuming at a breakneck pace. In the greatest surprise, both teams favored by yours truly, the Colts and the Twins, have grabbed some of the biggest headlines of the era. The Colts traded their quarterback, Carson Wentz, to Washington, while the Twins... Wow.

Another thing that is bounding back to normal, or perhaps as a throwback, is that I am going to be an independent blogger once again. After bouncing from an association with Yardbarker, followed by time at The Sports Daily, I have discovered that I mostly just enjoy writing for myself, and for those closest to me. I'm not looking for a career in journalism, and I'm not relying on blogging to make money, so why not try to enjoy it? Anyways, here I am, back on Blogger.

You will probably see a few ads pop up here and there. I'm not relying on this to make money, but if I do every once in a while... Nice! 

I'm mostly going to be writing about the Twins, but there will certainly be the miscellaneous other stuff thrown in every once in a while. I'm pretty committed to going to at least one of my Following the Compass games (looking like UNC at Appalachian State in September), and the weird stuff like that isn't changing. I am going to stick with the Rhino and Compass name, because it fits my Twitter name, and made that cute logo on the top of the page.

Another thing that is bouncing back is vacations. I am currently writing this in Costa Rica. My wife is sleeping, and I don't know what to do with myself. More regular posting will return when I return to the US. I hope to see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment